At my dental office in Lewisburg, we stress the importance of regular visits and professional cleanings at least twice a year. Do you know why these biannual visits are so important? This blog will help explain the importance behind regular professional cleanings.
- Keep Gum Disease Away. Gum disease isn’t only bad for your smile, it can lead to other whole body problems like heart disease and stroke. Furthermore, gum disease can eventually lead to tooth loss, which brings along a whole other set of oral and whole-body problems.
- Get a Brighter Smile. Professional teeth cleanings are much more involved than your at-home oral health care routine. During cleanings with your Lewisburg dentist, surface stains caused by coffee or tea can be removed. End your visit with a quick polish, and your grin will be beautifully shiny too.
- Detect Early. Regular cleanings and visits can also help detect oral cancer early, which is extremely important for successful treatment. Your dental team will look for any abnormal cells in your mouth at each and every visit.
- Save Money. Avoiding the dentist for long periods of time could mean more out-of-pocket expenses down the road. Preventive appointments and regular cleanings help catch problems before they turn into big, expensive issues.
- Freshen Breath. Yes, your at-home routine of brushing and flossing does help keep your breath fresh, but professional cleanings go deeper and are more thorough at removing bad breath germs and bacteria. The best way to make sure your breath is kissably fresh is to see your dentist regularly.
If you’ve been slacking on your professional cleanings, call my Lewisburg dental office. We’ll not only get your pearly whites sparkling clean, we’ll also make sure your mouth is in tip-top shape.
Accepting patients from Lewisburg, Selinsgrove, Williamsport, and nearby towns.